Build 18.104.22.168 (December 12, 2018)
This update gets Konvey 100% onto ASP.NET Core and off the ASP.net Framework. This may appear subtle, but it is a big structural change that has been months in the making. We can now run on Linux or even Docker. .NET Core is expected to supersede the .NET Framework. Microsoft does not really replace in the conventional meaning of the word. They stop development, mark as deprecated and introduce something new. The new is .NET Core. In time the .NET Framework will become deprecated. Each month we add more and more to Konvey. By switching fully to .NET Core now, we save needing to recode tens of thousands of lines of code 4-5 years from now. Keeping a project like Konvey up to date is a big task. We started the project in the .NET Framework and then ported to .NET Core + .Net Framework very early (months prior to the stable release). In this update we’ve moved everything to .NET Core and refactored many parts of the application.
Check-in's for build 2.5.0:
- 2018-12-11 - The web projects now run in-process under IIS (e.g. no Kestrel involved). The projects can also be run withoit IIS in Kestrel.
- 2018-12-10 - Site auto-provisioning is disabled for now. New logic to prevent public-facing pages and assets from using hostnames of other sites (or the application default hostname).
- 2018-12-06 - Upgraded servers to .NET Core 2.2.0
- 2018-12-06 - Modified the Tracking Engine to allow failover to database insertion in case RabbitMQ is unavailable.
- 2018-12-05 - Fixed a bug the prevented MJML rendering for newly created mailings.
- 2018-12-04 - Refactored the Tracking Engine and implemented transactional rollback of RabbitMQ messages.
- 2018-12-03 - Took offline Demo Sign-up because we had a new Konvey user violating our use policy. After some refactoring the demo sign-up will come back online. We're going to further restrict use for demo accounts.
- 2018-12-04 - Fixed a couple TrackingEngine bugs.
- 2018-12-03 - Switched from MSMQ to RabbitMQ.
- 2018-11-29 - Fixed bug with MailContextFactory producing read-only SharedContext objects.
- 2018-11-29 - Merge branch 'dotNetCore' for DirigoMail into dotNetCore.
- 2018-11-29 - Performance fix for the Manage Broadcasts screen.
- 2018-11-27 - Transactions now work properly with the provisioning of new sites.
- 2018-11-27 - Reworked transaction handling, database context scope, and service DI lifetimes.
- 2018-11-21 - More major refactoring, mostly to deal with database context lifetime.
- 2018-11-16 - Upgraded the rest of the projects from .NET Framework to .NET Core.
- 2018-11-16 - Ported from .NET Framework to .NET Core (Core & Admin projects only).
- 2018-11-13 - Fixed bugs in drag-and-drop of columns into column wrappers.